Did something get changed with FMOD_System_SetRecordDriver since Version 40034?
I just updated to Version 40105, now my Delphi translations of the pitchdetection and recording demos don’t work any more.
The driver parameter is still a 2byte signed int right?
Driving me mad ‘cos the VB and C demos still work fine.
If I go back to V40034, the Delphi & C demos work, but VB ones don’t.
- kimb asked 11 years ago
Hmm.. got tumbleweed on this one.
Can someone at Firelight give me any idea why Version 40034 works with set_record_driver but the newer ones don’t… i have covered what i think are all the options. Something must have changed with the driver type (integer) which Delphi no longer likes.
I have spent my own time translating all the FMODEx demos and the libs so that they work but I can’t sort this one out…really odd…
I’ll post the whole lot when I know that it all works.
I just need to know what changed…
Sorry, I should have been more specific,
40034 worked fine with:
function FMOD_System_SetRecordDriver (system: FMOD_SYSTEM; driver: Integer): FMOD_RESULT; stdcall;
e.g from my Recording demo:
result := FMOD_System_SetRecordDriver(system,cmbRecord.itemIndex);
Now 40105 & 40106 return:
FMOD_ERR_INVALID_PARAM: FMOD_ErrorString := ‘An invalid parameter was passed to this function.’;
All the other functions used in the demos seem to work fine (with a bit of delphi api tweaking). I can’t see that anything that I have changed would stop this working. I have tried changing the driver parameter type to pointer, byte, char, record, array of… etc etc, but no joy.
The only thing I can think that could have changed is that it is now expecting the driver parameter of a certain size e.g. ‘00000001’ instead of ‘1’ but that’s pretty hard to work out, and eitherway the VB & C demos seem to accept the driver parameter in the same format just fine.
I didn’t try any versions between 40034 and 40105, so don’t know exactly which version it stopped working.
So I’ve sort of run out of ideas…
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction….
It was the addition of:
to fmod_outputtypes screwing it up
After selecting the output type get_recordingdrivers returned 0…
Looks like I need to be a bit more careful with my versioning 😳
Please login first to submit.