I saw someone brought this up a long time ago, but I just saw it too. I think the problem may be on my coding, but here is what was going on:

I have two seperate programs running. One will record from the mic, translate the wav data to another format using an external codec, and send the new data over a socket to the other program.

The second program has a thread running to get the data from the first, and write this received data into a buffer. Another thread takes this encoded data, runs it through a decodec, and plays the wav file. Basically its like Roger Wilco or any of those other internet chat programs.

The access violation was happening in the receive program. After about 30 seconds or so, it would crash. Pretty much in the same place. I THINK this was happening because I didn’t do an alloc on the samples, I just loaded them. I also didnt free the samples after playing. I only used 2 samples and I ping pong between the two. Maybe I eventually used up all of my software channels, I dunno.

If anyone has seen this, please let me know.
I made changes to alloc the samples and free the buffers after they are done and I havent seen a crash yet. Well, after I powered my computer off and turned it back on I havent (knock on wood).


  • You must to post comments
Showing 0 results
Your Answer

Please first to submit.