0
0

I’m creating an mp3/ogg etc player for my own use and wondered why it is that when I use
[code:ux9fz0m0]
FMODsound->getTag("TITLE", 0, &tag);

strcpy(title, (char *)musicFile);
[/code:ux9fz0m0]
the string (title) I display that should show the title only displays the first 30 characters.
musicFile is actually an array of 260 chars, so the problem’s not there.
Here’s hoping someone’s been through this before…….

  • You must to post comments
0
0

Yeah, I see now.
The mp3 files I am using have both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.
Is there any way of extracting the v2 tags and ignoring the v1?
I tried to use
[code:3ub0wdtu]
FMODsound->getTag("ARTIST", 1, &tag);
[/code:3ub0wdtu]
instead of
[code:3ub0wdtu]
FMODsound->getTag("ARTIST", 0, &tag);
[/code:3ub0wdtu]
after reading the docs again, hoping this would find a second tag called ARTIST, but this made no difference.
I hope this clarifies my request somewhat.
Cheers.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

Cheers Brett.
I tried to make sense of it all earlier, but other things are taking over my time. I’ll come back to you if I have any further questions.
Thanks for your help so far.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

I’ve tried to check the tag type by testing the value of FMOD_TAG.type, using a file saved in three different ways:

1) With ID3v1 & ID3v2 tags.
2) With just ID3v1 tags.
3) With only ID3v2 tags.

When using getTag() on file 1, ID3v1 tags are returned to the FMOD_TAG structure.
When trying to extract tags from file 2, the result is the same (as you would expect, there being only v1 tags there :) )
When trying to play file 3, my app just crashes, even though the only change i made was to the tags saved (I used WinAmp to copy and delete tags from one version to another).
I still can’t see how i can select which tags are extracted using getTag() as the only parameters that seem available are the name and index of the tag.
Am I missing something really obvious here, or are my mp3s somehow incompatible?
Please tell me if I’m being overly dim.
Thanks.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

Hi Brett,
I’ve got it down to a call I make to sound->getLength() (?!).
I’m just getting an access violation / unhandled exception error as soon as i try to enter this in debug.
This only seems to happen if i open the file directly from the GetOpenFileName dialog – if i open a playlist from this dialog that includes the offending mp3 (the one with only ID3v2 tags), it plays ok, but the artist and track info is not received by the FMOD_TAG structure named in the call to getTag().
I’m thinking that the app’s crashing due to something else, probably some error on my part, though it does seem strange that just the track with only ID3v2 tags causes it.
Anyway, here’s hoping this makes some sense to you….

  • You must to post comments
Showing 4 results
Your Answer

Please first to submit.