8/9/06 4.04.29 – Dev release update
- Added FMOD_DSP_LOWPASS_SIMPLE. No resonance lowpass filter, which is a lot
faster than FMOD_DSP_LOWPASS, but allows cutoff frequency from 0 to 22khz,
unlike FMOD_DSP_ITLOWPASS which is fast, but has limited cutoff range.
- Roughly 30% speedup on FMOD_DSP_LOWPASS. Still about 2-4x slower than the
new FMOD_DSP_LOWPASS_SIMPLE though.
- Added FMOD_ERR_INVALID_FLOAT. Channel::set3DAttributes and
System::set3DListenerAttributes now check for NaN, Inf, Denormals being
passed in, only in the debug build of FMOD. (ie fmodD library or dll).
Optimized pitch shift filter to ignore silent channels. A 6 channel
pitch shift with a sound that is only coming out of 1 speaker will now
be about 6x faster! Make sure to use hard panning to get best performance.
PS3 – Added AT3 codec support.
- PS3 – Added fmodps3.h, which contains a FMOD_PS3_EXTRADRIVERDATA structure
to be passed into System::init. Please see header for more information.
- PS3 – Added reverb support.
- PS3 – Added echo support.
- PS3 – Added spu based mp3 streaming.
PS3 – Added custom 8ch to stereo downmixer to bypass sony’s currently low
Fix possible stutter when starting FSB streams.
- Fix possible glitch on first time playing FSB streams.
- Fix reverb not being active the first time a channel is played.
- Fix unwanted memory allocs when using FMOD_CREATECOMPRESSEDSAMPLE.
- Fix crash in ogg codec if running out of memory.
- Fix crash if out of memory when using FMOD_NONBLOCKING.
- Fix createSound returning FMOD_ERR_INVALID_PARAM instead of FMOD_ERR_MEMORY
in some cases when running out of memory.
Fix memory leak with FMOD_ACCURATETIME, mp3 and FMOD_CREATECOMPRESSEDSAMPLE.
Event API : Added new EventProject class
- Event API : EventProject::release replaces EventSystem::unload(fevhandle)
- Event API : Added EventProject::getEventById which takes a project-unique
event id (which is written out in programmer report and header file)
- Event API : Added EventSystem::getProject/getProjectByIndex/getNumProjects
- Event API : Added EventSystem::getNumReverbs
- Event API : Added EventSystem::getGroup
- Event API : Added EventSystem::getEvent
- Event API : Added EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_INFO event callback type
- Event API : Added "eventflags" parameter to EventSystem::init
- Event API : Added EVENT_INIT_USER_ASSETMANAGER init flag
- Event API : Fixed possible EventGroup index mismatch issue.
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
We are heading to 4.05.00 release now so no new stuff (of structural significance) will be added until all bugs are fixed in this branch.
Got some problem under [b:pclkzr3s]linux[/b:pclkzr3s] with 4.04.29 :
[code:pclkzr3s]libfmodex.so: undefined symbol: __cxa_pure_virtual [/code:pclkzr3s]
It occures during the loading of libfmodex.so.
I’ve already reported this problem long time ago and it was fixed.
But it re-appear in 4.04.29 (in 4.04.02 all was working well).
[quote="Controller":p8oealfm]Can’t hear anything using my player or playstream.exe using 4.04.29
can’t hear too. i’m using my player and this example: "dsppluginviewer.exe". this only in mp3
System: Athlon 64, SB Audigy LS, Win XP Pro SP2
- CrOm answered 10 years ago
Please login first to submit.