<p>Hey there everyone.. just discovered this site about a week ago (and I am really impressed) </p>
<p>My ultimate goal is to make a WinAmp clone using VB6. I presume this is realistic using this engine?</p>
<p>I have 2 main questions/problems:</p>
<p>1. How do I implement a EQ control (to adjust bass , mid, treb etc). Will I have to use DSP fx to do this? Does anyone have any source code on how this can be done?</p>
<p>2. I’ve made a BPM Detection prog (using the GetSpectrum routine) that works quite well on simple songs<br> Has anyone managed to make one that really works (and will give out the source/exchange for source that I have)? </p>
<p>You can either email me directly or leave a message here!</p>
- VampyreWAB asked 15 years ago
If you wanna see a winamp clone, maybe my work can be a nice example:
http://www.sababros.bbk.org/Download/fp … a3_exe.zip
If you want also source code:
http://www.sababros.bbk.org/Download/fp … a3_src.zip
I found a great site that helps building filters like paramEQ/lowpass/highpass: http://www.musicdsp.org
———– autopromotion on ————–
i am doing a winamp player clone in VB too. It is quite advanced, features :
– load winamp skin,
– vis, dsp winamp plugins support (thx to blackshard :wink:, sonique VIS will be added in the future,
– mp3/ogg header infos,
– stream to wav/ogg/mp3 what data is supported through DSP callbacks (modules, wav, mp3, ogg … ideal for converting modules :smile:,
– IDtag 1/2 reader/writer (with the same look’n feel/option seen in winamp),
– Ogg Tag reader/writer,
– mod/xm/s3m/it modules infos (the same seen in the MikMod Plugins),
– Drag’and’drop support, multithreaded, priority settings support,
– Alpha blending support (win2k/xp),
– an advanced playlist manager (inspired from FreeAmp),
– Equalizer support (using DX8 FX),
– consume less cpu/memory than winamp (twice less),
– wma/asf tag reader/writer,
– sonique vis plugin,
– In/out winamp plugin support (need nullsoft agreement),
- POST WHAT YOU WANT
———– autopromotion off ————–
Concerning the EQ, i ve a project in wich i code what i want to add to the player, it s though unreadable for now, i ll clean the code, make a project and send it to you, it isn’t finished yet but it does the work
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KarLKoX on 2002-04-25 05:47 ]</font>
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KarLKoX on 2002-04-25 05:49 ]</font>
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KarLKoX on 2002-04-26 18:02 ]</font>
Hi Brett. I know you may not be very interested in this, and I also know you don’t have time to waste, but can I suggest you some correction about Xm/It modules?
Practically I found some issues with some modules that plays good with ft2/modplug/it…
Have you tried my OCX for bpm detection yet?
You can find it at
Please let me know if it works better than what you already got or not.
For equalizer control you can use a dsp or you can use the directsound effects.
The directsound effects work only on sounds loaded in hardware though, and the spectrum works only on sounds loaded in software.
- Adion answered 15 years ago
Please login first to submit.