I currently have 1.07.01 installed and am having problems with a compiled bank. It contains about 15 minutes of music broken into 1 minute pieces and arranged into a variety of definitions and events. Everything compiles just fine, but when I attempt to open the compiled assets in Event Player, I get Error 40 (not enough memory or resources). I tried switching from PCM to MP2 compression to reduce the size of the bank, and I received the same error. I then tried to reduce the number of definitions in the project and start receiving error 21 (not finding an event/group reference).
I’ve tried playing with all the relevant settings I could think of, and I keep getting one error after another. The total on-disk size of the raw assets is 312 MB. I only want to selectively stream these off the disk with no more than 2 channels active at a time. Is this an FMOD limitation I’m running into or a bug?
Upon further investigation, it now appears that the templates I created a couple of days ago are the primary cause for the Error 21 problems, alhtough the Error 40 stuff is still a bit of a mystery. Concerning Error 21, there were many red herrings I was running into, but I think I finally have some repeatable behavior that is linked to a specific feature.
Using a ‘problem’ project, I first try to build compiled assets. This completes okay, but when opening the FEV and related files in Event Player, I get Error 21. I’ve found now that if I completely remove any and all events that are using my "Music" template and replace them with fresh events that haven’t been ‘tainted’ by the template, the compiled assets work properly in Event Player (no Error 21). After fixing the problem, if I try to reapply the Music template, I get Error 21 again.
Concerning Error 40, the problem seems to be linked to projects built originally built with 1.06 and then updated in 1.07. I’ve tried creating fresh 1.07 projects and filling them with over 300 megs of music just to be test cases, and they seem to be working fine. I don’t want to rebuild my music projects, but it looks like that will work for now.
Thanks for the concern Andrew, but I traced the problem to there being events not having default parameters. Once I audited the problem project for parameterless events and added them when necessary, the compile errors when away.
I’ve still sent a copy to you in case there’s something else you’re looking for.
Please login first to submit.