- Update for API release
- Fixed problems with template events
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
See programmers API revision.txt for updates in FMOD Event runtime engine / API.
[quote="AnimusSonitus":2thlphiv]There seems to be something wrong with looped sound definitions in this build. I’m hearing an audible gap in all loop points (both while auditioning in Designer and Event Player) where there previously was none.[/quote:2thlphiv]
I’m getting the same thing. From what I can tell, the event isn’t actually looping, but retriggering the event. That is, if I put in 3 different loop wavetables into a sound definition, then load that into an event set to loop – I would expect that each time the event is called, I would hear one of the loops and it would loop continuously until told to stop. What is actually happening is that the event is playing loop1 as a oneshot, then immediately retriggering the event and playing loop2 as a oneshot, etc… this is why there is a gap. Each retrigger puts in a tiny bit of latency, so the files aren’t looping at all.
This is pretty severe.
- ssnyder answered 12 years ago
If an event is using two parameters (ex: an arbitrary param00 and a distance param) that have different units/scales, the bottom parameter’s scale gets conformed to the top parameter’s each time you view the event in the Event Editor. This isn’t just a visual error, as the compiled assets confirm an actual change when auditioned. The only workaround right now is to only use one parameter per event.
The following fixes were just made,
- Added volume randomisation to events.
- Fix reverb balance effect not setting correct gain levels
- Fix event crossfades gettting reset on copy event
- Fix sound definitions not looping properly.
- Fix wave bank compression type saying ‘MP3’ twice in PS3 mode instead of MP2 and MP3.
Please report any outstanding issues in the new thread,
In reference to this thread:
It appears that Designer is ignoring the bank type specified in the FDP settings and compiling all banks as "Decompress into memory". I’ve tried compiling several different projects (created with 1.07 and up) and each time I open them in Event Player, everything is shoved into memory even through I’ve set some banks to stream. I’ve cross-checked some streaming music packages I compiled a few weeks ago (1.06 branch), and they’re loading (old compiles) and compiling (new compiles using the old projects) properly (ie, they’re using stream memory in Event Player instead of sample memory).
I also checked the offending FDP files in an editor, and the "banktype" metafield is set to "Stream", so I’m unsure why this problem is occurring.
Here’s a repeatable problem:
1, Start a new project.
2. Add a sound definition. It can be anything, it doesn’t matter as long as it’s something playable.
3. Add a new event in the Events tab. Do not create one by click-dragging a sample to this menu. The new one you create must be empty.
4. Now double-click the event to see it in the Event Editor. There should be blank space only (no grid even).
5. Right-click the blank space to "Add Sound".
6. Pick your sound def created in Step 2.
7. Compile the project.
8. Open the project in Event Player. You should get Error 21.
The reason this happens is that blank events created from scratch using the right-click menu in the Events tab in the 1.07 branch do not receive default parameters (usually param00), and thus, no grid in the Event Editor view. This lack of a parameter is what’s been causing the error (the tainted template issue I mentioned in another post was the result of a template that had no parameter).
For anyone else struggling with this, just find all your parameterless events and give them one to fix your broken projects.
Apologies for posting so frequently on the subject. It’s just been driving me nuts this week.
Please login first to submit.