26/04/07 4.07.13 – Dev release update
- Mac – Overhaul of CoreAudio output to fix compatibility with various sound cards.
- Event API – Added support for individual layer priorities
- Event API – Added "just fail if quietest" max playbacks behaviour
- Added Reverb::setActive/getActive.
- Added SoundGroups! Now have the ability to group sounds and control their max
playbacks. More functionality will be added to this class in the future.
See new functions
- Added FMOD_ERR_MAXAUDIBLE returned by System::playSound when
SoundGroup::setMaxAudible is used.
PS3 – Added support for FMOD_DSP_TYPE_CHORUS effect.
Event API – Fixed "don’t play" sound definition entry.
- Event API – Fixed oneshot events sometimes ending prematurely when used with
- Event API – Fixed broken "steal quietest" max playbacks behaviour
- Event API – Fixed 3d cone values not taking effect until update was called.
- Event API – Fixed crash when using EVENT_INIT_USER_ASSETMANAGER with events with
- Event API – Optimised event system memory usage a little.
- Event API – Removed ‘EventReverb3D’ class and EventSystem::create3DReverb.
- Fix crash when System::createCodec was used.
- Mac – Fixed hang on system release.
- PS3 – Fixed "Too many DSP units" error/assert when using big event projects.
- fsbank – PCM data is now written out as big-endian format if platform selected
is Xbox 360. The allows FMOD_OPENMEMORY_POINT to be used properly.
- Wii – Fixed high pitched whining noise and sounds going silent when virtual
voices are being swapped in and out.
- Wii – Fixed hang when re-using a stream channel to play a new stream.
- ASIO – Fixed 32bit output noise.
- Fix midi/mod/s3m/xm/it files connecting their internal channels to reverb causing
extra cpu usage.
- Stopped System::release hanging if user didn’t manually release their
- Fixed streaming subsounds not ending sometimes, due to calling getSubSound while
another subsound was still playing.
- Fix stereo sounds in 7.1 speaker mode not being audible if panned to side left or
side right speakers.
Fixed various documentation issues.
System::create3DReverb renamed to System::createReverb.
- System::set/get3DReverbAmbientProperties renamed to
- Replaced the following
- All output plugins now present the default output and record driver as the first
item in the list.
- PS3 – FMOD libs now built with Sony SDK 160.008
- Event API – Changed EventReverb3D class to be EventReverb and
EventSystem::createReverb3D to EventSystem::createReverb.
- Now instead of EventSystem::createReverb creating a pointless object, it simply
returns the reverb property structure associated with the reverb. New functions
are called EventSystem::getReverbPreset and EventSystem::getReverbPresetByIndex.
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
- You must login to post comments
In the PPC distribution of 4.07.13, there is some unknown symbols when linking (which are present in mac x86) :
Could you fix the mac ppc lib ?
I’ve observed some hang when calling system->close/release under Linux 32bit (4.07.13) which prevent the application for exiting (need to kill th process to close it !).
The 3ddemo example was not updated to 4.07.13, it uses fmodEventSystem->getReverb (it’s in the windows distrib).
In generatetone, some ERRCHECK are missing for playDSP (in the switch) that leave error 14 to be caught.
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.