I’m having a problem where EventProject->release() is returning FMOD_ERR_INTERNAL.
From looking at the source it seems the most likely way I could recieving this error is by still having m_used be true. I’m having a bit of trouble determining though if there is anything from the project still being used. Is there a easy way to find out what Event(s) in an EventProject are being used?
If not has anyone had a similar problem and know of anything else to look for?
EDIT: Sorry forgot to specify version. I’m using 4.07.19 Development
- eembree asked 9 years ago
After lots of digging I finally discovered the FMOD_ERR_INTERNAL was a result of a sound being played as "Loop Play to End" and not "Loop Cut Off". This meant calling Event->stop(immediate) was not actually stopping the sound. Then when I tried to do EventProect->release() right afterward the sound was not yet done. Changing this setting in the sound will not affect our audio I am told by our audio engineer.
I’m still having problems with hit max streams now which makes no sense because I only play the sound once and our max is 32. Ideas?
I haven’t been able to reproduce your original problem and I don’t have any ideas based on the limited info you’ve offered on your second problem. I can say that you’re talking about code that’s been overhauled recently so it’s worth getting latest and seeing if the problem still exists. If so, then we’ll need more information on how to reproduce your problem.
It’s certainly possible we are doing something wrong before this point because we have a loadMemory function our previous audio guy wrote that is based on other fmod load functions and I haven’t dug through it extensively. But basically what happens is this:
1. We use this loadMemory function to get an EventProject.
2. Load our music track (Event) which is streaming from disk and set as "Loop Play to End"
3. Game is playing and music is playing
4. Exit the game causing sound to be stopped.
5. We call Event->stop( true ) to make the music stop imemdiately (which doesn’t seem to stop immediately is set to loop play to end)
6. Try to call EventProject->release() essentially right after calling stop on the music (this should be before the music finishes it’s final play to end after the stop call).
The result of that procedure is FMOD_ERR_INTERNAL.
I hope that helps. Let me know what else you need.
Please login first to submit.