7/11/07 4.10.01 – Initial stable release
- Fixed Channel::stop rare crash if using System::playDSP (oscillators etc).
- Event API – Fixed envelope cache flags colliding with Channel Mix effect
flags (this could cause Channel Mix effects to work incorrectly).
6/11/07 4.10.00 – Initial stable release
Added version and build date to API docs
Fix FMOD_ERR_INVALID_PARAM return code if values > 8 were passed to
- Fix FMOD filesystem and netstream support due to issue introduced in
- Fix Channel::setChannelGroup not respecting grandparent and above
mute/pause state upon calling that function.
- Fix small audible glitch when setting a channelgroup for a channel while
channel is paused, in some rare cases.
- Linux – Fixed crash due to incorrectly freeing memory.
- Linux – Fixed freeze when recording with ALSA.
- Mac – Added missing fmod_event_net.dylib to release.
- PS3 – Fixed dry mix not being heard when using system reverb.
- Win32 – WASAPI, fixed overriding FMOD_SPEAKERMODE_RAW when doing System::init.
- FSBankEx – Fixed ‘optimize sample rate’ not scaling sync point offsets.
- FSBankEx – Fixed FSB GUID always being regenerated when using encryption.
- FSBankEx – upgrade allowed input channel count for wave files from 8 to 16.
- Event API – Fixed FMOD_EVENT_ERROR_ON_DISKACCESS not working properly with
Fixed software stereo sounds coming out as mono when FMOD_SPEAKERMODE_PROLOGIC
Event API – Event envelope value calculations are now cached for efficiency
- .FEV file format updated! FMOD Designer 4.11.00 requires FMOD version 4.11.00,
4.10.00, 4.08.10 or higher.
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
Can I just ask why this has been branched again? 4.08 seems to have had a relatively short run compared to 4.06. Is this the end of support for 4.08? I notice that 4.08.10 is now available for download but it doesn’t have a forum thread with what’s changed in it.
- identitycrisisuk answered 9 years ago
Its part of our new release schedule we advertised to get some predictability and stability so that old branches aren’t having features added to them (possible cause of instability).
There is a new stable branch every month, which comes from 2 months of testing a dev branch. (one month internal, 1 month public which is what you see now on the download page).
The stable and public dev branch have feature lockdown (dev is more of a ‘stable candidate’).
Yes we are still supporting 4.08 and there will be versions released under this branch (see old version section in fmod download page).
Please login first to submit.