7/11/07 4.11.01 – Development release update
- Fixed Channel::stop rare crash if using System::playDSP (oscillators etc).
- Event API – Fixed envelope cache flags colliding with Channel Mix effect
flags (this could cause Channel Mix effects to work incorrectly).
6/11/07 4.11.00 – Development release update
- Added ability to change output driver at runtime.
- Event API – Added a "Pitch randomization units" Event property in Designer.
If this property is set to a unit other than Octaves, the pitch
variation is snapped to exact multiples of that unit.
- Event API – Added FMOD_EVENT_INIT_SEARCH_PLUGINS init flag.
- Event API – Added ability to load .fev files from memory.
- Event API – Added a "units" parameter to Event::setPitch/getPitch and
EventCategory::setPitch/getPitch, allowing the pitch to be set
and retrieved in the desired units
- Event API – Added FMOD_EVENTPROPERTY_PITCH_OCTAVES/SEMITONES/TONES and
FMOD_EVENTPROPERTY_PITCHRANDOMIZATION_OCTAVES etc, allowing pitch
properties to be set and retrieved in the desired units
Event API – Added a "Spawn intensity randomization" Event property. The event
spawn intensity is randomized based on this value when
Event::start is called. Access via Event::setPropertyByIndex
Added System::getDriverInfo and System::getRecordDriverInfo functions to
replace System::getDriverName and System::getRecordDriverName. They provide
the same functionality but now optionally provide GUIDs to uniquely identify
a driver. GUIDs are available from DSound, WASAPI and CoreAudio output modes.
- fsbankex – Added ability to build multichannel Wii/GC/PSP/PS2 hardware banks
as non-interleaved so that they can be used with FMOD_MEMORY_POINT.
- Added support for loading multichannel hardware banks built as non-interleaved
on supported platforms.
- PS3 / Xbox 360 – Optimized SFX reverb.
Added version and build date to API docs
Fix System::setDriver not allowing a switch to a driver with the same index.
- Fix System::setDriver in driver-list-changed callback causing infinte loop if
desired driver is unsupported.
- Fix Channel::setPosition with stream sentences that are not CD or FSB (ie
user created sounds with user added subsounds.
- Fix Channel::setSpeakerMix settings being overriden when virtual voices were
swapping, which caused audible panning glitches.
- Fix 4, 6 or 8 channel WAV/FSB not downmixing to stereo as it should be if a
lower speakermode was selected (ie stereo).
- Fix high priority sounds not being audible when played amongst a load of
lower priority voices.
- Fix Sound::getSubSound not seeking to the right sound if the sound was a stream.
- Fix loop points on Sound::setSubSoundSentence.
- Fix crash if Channel::stop was called from SyncPoint callback.
- Fix Sound::getLength on FSB or CDDA sentences.
- Fix 8ch+ sounds with DSP filters added causing corruption or NaN values being
fed into the mixer. Specifically when using compressor, highpass, lowpass,
lowpass simple, itlowpass or parameq.
- Fix FMOD_ERR_INVALID_PARAM return code if values > 8 were passed to
- Fix FMOD filesystem and netstream support due to issue introduced in
- Fixed bug introduced in 4.09.07 to do with stream crackling and bad behaviour
- Fixed software stereo sounds coming out as mono when FMOD_SPEAKERMODE_PROLOGIC
- Fixed rare case of streams giving bad data which could cause crash on XMA
hardware or corrupted sound?
- Fixed crash when loading MIDI files.
- Stopped Sound::lock returning a large length if the length passed in was
larger than the sound. Now returns error.
- Fixed problem with FMOD Highpass effect
- Linux – Fixed crash due to incorrectly freeing memory.
- Linux – Fixed freeze when recording with ALSA.
- PS2 – Fixed FMOD_ERR_INVALID_PARAM being returned from System::createSound
and other file loading Event based functions.
- Mac – Removed last bits of MP library to improve performance.
- Mac – Added missing fmod_event_net.dylib to release.
- Mac – Modified device list changed callback to trigger when the default input
or output device has changed.
- PS3 – Fixed dsp effects having no affect if added directly to a System object,
or to a master channel group derived from System::getMasterChannelGroup.
- PS3 – Fixed crash when loading .wav files.
- Win32 – WASAPI, fixed overriding FMOD_SPEAKERMODE_RAW when doing System::init.
- Xbox 360. Fixed seeking with XMAs with no seek table hanging machine if seek
position was near end of sound.
- Wii – Fixed not being able to re-play a stream after disk has been ejected
- FSBankEx – Fixed FSB GUID always being regenerated when using encryption.
- FSBankEx – upgrade allowed input channel count for wave files from 8 to 16.
- Event API – Fix ‘programmer sounds’ using the parent FSB as the sound pointer
(instead of a subsound), crashing on a null pointer. This is
typically if a sentence was attempted to be used as a programmer
- Event API – Fixed automatic parameters (3d distance, listener angle, event
angle) to be read-only.
- Event API – Fixed memory leak when using oneshot sounds.
- Event API – Fixed issue with stolen / leaking channels.
- Event API – Fixed FMOD_EVENT_ERROR_ON_DISKACCESS not working properly with
PS3 – Fixed dry mix not being heard when using system reverb.
System::setDriver will no longer restore the original driver if the desired
driver is not supported. User must call System::setDriver with the index of
the original driver.
- System::getDriverName and System::getRecordDriverName have been replaced with
System::getDriverInfo and System::getRecordDriverInfo as they now also provide
unique device GUIDs.
- PS3 – Now built with Sony SDK200.002
- Event API – Changed FMOD_EVENT_INFO struct numplayingstances/playinginstances
to numinstances/instances. Now all instances are returned, not
just instances that are playing.
- Event API – Event envelope value calculations are now cached for efficiency
- .FEV file format updated! FMOD Designer 4.11.00 requires FMOD version 4.11.00,
4.10.00, 4.08.10 or higher.
- FSBank now writes out FSB files with GUID so that multiple load instances of
the same FSB can be cached at runtime to save memory.
- PS3 – DSP effects code is now streamed onto the SPU as it is needed.
- You must login to post comments