11/04/08 4.15.00 – Development release update
- Added ‘debugLogFilename’ to FMOD_ADVANCEDSETTINGS to allow user to specify
log path / name.
- Added ‘FMOD Profiler’ application to Win32 and Mac to replace existing DSPNet
Listener tool. The new tool provides existing functionality along with a real
time CPU usage graph.
- Add Sound::getMusicNumChannels, Sound::setMusicChannelVolume,
Sound::getMusicChannelVolume, to allow mod/s3m/xm/it/midi volume manipulation
of music channels.
- Add multichannel support for FSB MP2 encoding.
- Added a system callback for when a thread is created, this callback will
report the name and the ID of the thread.
- Added ability to specify which port FMOD listens on for connections from
FMOD Profiler. This is exposed through FMOD_ADVANCEDSETTINGS.
- Added support for FMOD Profiler to connect to applications on Mac, Linux,
Linux64 and Solaris.
- Added FMOD_DELAYTYPE_DSPCLOCK_END to Channel::setDelay/getDelay
- Optimize DSP disconnection code, huge speed improvement.
- Optimized playsound to not recalculate 3d position multiple times.
- PS3 – Enabled DTS support.
- PS3 – Added FMOD_INIT_PS3_PREFERDTS init flag to prefer DTS over Dolby Digital
if both are supported.
- PS3 – Added FMOD_INIT_PS3_FORCE2CHLPCM init flag to force output to stereo LPCM.
- PS3 – Enable System::setDSPBufferSize for numbuffers only.
- PS3 – SPU performance improvements due to new GCC Toolchain.
- Reduce memory usage of DSP Echo filter.
- Xbox 360 / PS3 – Speed optimized DSP Echo filter.
- PS3 – Enable AIFF support.
PS3 – Remove stall when setting sfx reverb parameters.
Event API – Improved memory usage
- Event API – Added "RoughSequence" event to example project
Event API – Added support for sound instance "Autopitch parameter" property
Reduce System::update / EventSystem::update overhead.
- Fixed FMOD_OPENSTATE_STREAMING not being set for FSB subsounds.
- Fix FMOD_REVERB_CHANNELPROPERTIES with a non existent reverb instance
causing crash. Now returns FMOD_ERR_REVERB_INSTANCE.
- Fixed stack overflow when playing 8ch mpeg FSB files.
- Fixed config screen not updating on certain VST plugins.
- Fix System::setReverbProperties sometimes returning an error.
- Fix mp3 decoder seeking back to 0 if the seek or loop position was less
than an mpeg frame size.
- Fixed 64-bit pointer corruption
- Fixed Unicode check on http/https urls being passed to System::createSound/Stream
- Fixed crash when using plugins version of FMODEx with certain output modes.
- Fixed certain codec plugins crashing on load.
- Fixed hardware virtual voices not becoming real again.
- Fixed occasional crash when playing multichannel mp3 fsbs.
- Fixed threading issue with SoundGroups
- Fixed memory corruption in DSPChorus when the number of input channels is
greater than the number of channels being output by the system.
- Fixed voices gradually going virtual over time.
- Fixed unimportant virtual voices not ending at the right time and then
starting later when they should in fact have stopped long before that time.
- Fixed DSPConnection::getLevels from causing a bad memory write.
- Fixed accuracy of Channel::getPosition with stream playback.
- Fixed crackling when using System::playDSP and reverb.
- Fix calling addDSP twice in a row with the same object/parameter causing
- Fix Channel::getAudibility not taking SoundGroup mute volume into account.
- Fix crash in second System::init call if first System::init call returned
- Fixed SoundGroup with FMOD_SOUNDGROUP_BEHAVIOR_MUTE behaviour, and
FMOD_INIT_VOL0_BECOMES_VIRTUAL used, not going virtual immediately, but only
after moving the 3d source or listener.
- Fixed MIDI notes sometimes getting suck on (sustain forever).
- Fixed crash when using FMOD_INIT_ENABLE_PROFILE with large DSP networks.
- Fixed System::setAmbientReverbProperties not enabling reverb before a
- Fixed crash when releasing system object after a profiler initialization error.
Fixed setInputChannelMix not taking effect until the next System::update with
3d sounds. (2d worked ok).
Win32 – Fixed memory error being returned when enumerating a system with
more input devices than output devices.
- Mac – fixed useplugins example Makefile to correctly link with plugins dylib.
- Mac – Fixed issues with applications using event loops.
- Mac – Fixed init failure on certain recording devices such as the
- PS2 – Fixed garbled noise when mixing mono and stereo sounds in an FSB vag stream.
- PS3 – Fixed problems with distortion effect for high values of FMOD_DSP_DISTORTION_LEVEL.
- PS3 – Fixed very rare pops when playing sounds.
- PS3 – Fixed crash when inserting a DSP effect in a certain DSP tree configuration.
- PS3 – Fixed occasional popping coming from mixer with a busy DSP tree.
- PS3 – FIxed distortion when rapidly updating DSP SFX Reverb parameters.
- PS3 – fix chirp noise when sound ends.
- PS3 – Fixed occasional crackling in DSP Echo filter.
- GC/Wii – Fixed file access alignment issue if user file callbacks were used.
- PS3 – Fixed echo not working on 8 channels.
- Wii – Fixed instance 0 system reverb properties being overwritten when setting
instance 1 properties.
Linux – Tweaked ALSA output mode to better support requested DSP buffer
FSBankEx – Fixed caching sometimes not working
- FSBankEx – fix .fsbcache directory from not working on unix style environments
by changing ‘\’ to ‘/’.
- FSBankEx – Fixed FSBs built from cache being slightly different to original
FSBankEx – Fixed crash when using MP2/MP3 compression with small files
Event API – incorrect mute behaviour with getEvent and category mute fixed.
- Event API – stopped releasing an event from a stop callback of the
same event causing a recursive loop and crashing.
- Event API – Fix memory corruption from logging system when releasing
an event (fmodexL only).
- Event API – Fixed MusicPrompt::begin to support theme start segments with
- Event API – Fixed EventProject::release to reset the music system before
freeing music data (prevents crashes)
- Event API – If the transition timer is running and the main theme ends,
start the target theme immediately (don’t wait for the timer)
- Event API – Fixed event "Steal quietest" max playbacks behaviour sometimes
erroneously falling back to "Steal oldest"
- Event API – Fixed endian issues in music data loading which broke music
playback on big-endian platforms
- Event API – Fixed MusicSystem::setPaused logic to handle beat syncing
- Event API – Fixed music system applying tempo changes too early
- Event API – Fixed memory leaks in music system
- Event API – Fixed memory error due to sound definitions with no entries
- Event API – Fixed music system crashing after restarting the event system
- Event API – Fixed typos in FMOD_EVENT_PROPERTY speaker enumeration docs
- Event API – Fixed music system handling of empty segments
- Event API – Fixed network tweaking of category volume/pitch
- Event API – Fixed rare silent sounds when primary parameter moved very quickly
- Event API – Fixed network auditioning with FMOD_EVENT_INIT_DONTUSENAMES
- Event API – Fixed 64-bit EventSystem::load failing with FMOD_ERR_MEMORY
- Event API – Fixed oneshot events with sounds with loop counts not stopping
- Event API – Fixed network tweaking crash between Windows and Mac.
Event API – Fixed 3D Pan effect to be relative to the Event 3D Pan level
FMOD_INIT_ENABLE_DSPNET has been replaced with FMOD_INIT_ENABLE_PROFILE for
use with the new profiler tool.
- When using FMOD_CREATESOUNDEXINFO, specifying a suggestedsoundtype of
FMOD_SOUND_TYPE_MPEG will now load any tag data which will also
allow loading of MPEG files with more than 4k of tags at the file start.
- Event API – "Sequential" sound definitions are now continuous across
- .FEV file format updated! FMOD Designer 4.13.06 requires FMOD version 4.13.06,
4.12.06 or higher.
- On Mac when using the device list changed callback, the user must process the
application event queue to allow FMOD to detect device list changes.
- System::setCallback now uses void* for commanddata1 and commanddata2
parameters instead of unsigned int for 64bit compatibility.
- FMOD_DELAYTYPE_DSPCLOCK_PCM has been renamed to FMOD_DELAYTYPE_DSPCLOCK_START
to complement FMOD_DELAYTYPE_DSPCLOCK_END.
- PS3 – Now built with GCC Toolchain 4.1.1.
- PS3 – Name SPURS taskset to "FMOD".
- PS3 – Now built with SDK 220.002
- Linux / Mac. Got rid of pdf documentation and replaced with chm. Use
xchm and equivalents to view on these platforms.
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
- You must login to post comments