4.17 DEVELOPMENT BRANCH HAS NOW BECOME 4.18 STABLE BRANCH. SEE REVISION.TXT FOR CHANGES SINCE 4.16
29/08/08 4.18.01 – Stable release update
- Fix Sound::getOpenState from falsely reporting ready when in fact the stream
was still accessing the file, which would then in turn cause a block/stall in
- Fix crash when playing a .it file which utilises echo and lowpass effects.
- Fix rare timing-related crash in stream thread when releasing a stream
- Fix small delay in audio when calling Channel::setPosition on a non blocking
- Remove delphi interface.
Fix switching 2D/3D mode not working on Wii hardware channels when using
Event API – fix crash related to EventSystem::preloadFSB/unloadFSB.
- Event API – Fix some music system crashes that should return FMOD_ERR_MEMORY
- Event API – Fix crash when playing an empty sound definition
Event API – Fix possible FMOD_ERR_INTERNAL when playing music themes with
PS3 – Fixed RSX memory being added to stats returned by FMOD::Memory_GetStats
when allocated using FMOD_MEMORY_SECONDARY memory callbacks.
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
Now we are having reverb issues:
On Xbox360, in a level with a lot of reverb areas as well as a global ambient reverb, we are seeing very peculiar audio problems. The audio of the game seems to slow down (pitch goes down and sounds are drawn out in length and they sound super distorted from reverb) while the game continues otherwise running at normal speed. Eventually, the game crashes in a DSP attempting to allocate memory. By disabling all reverb, the problem disappears.
This issue is present in 4.18.00 as well as 4.18.01.
Currently, we are disabling reverb to work around the problem. This is definitely not desirable as a long term solution.
- calvinlin answered 10 years ago
Actually this just sounds a bit like you’ve overloaded the audio cpu.
What is System::getCPUUsage saying for the dsp field? Its possible you have a heavily loaded cpu with a lot of effects and reverb pushes it over the edge.
You can connect to the game with fmod designer and view the dsp network in realtime, as well as performance graphs. If you could get a snapshot of this, especially with the profiler set to ‘inclusive’ it would be very informative.
Please login first to submit.