What kind of options we have, if we would like to save and load (restore) fmod state?
Right now we are thinking of two things:
– one shot sounds don’t get saved (as they will be triggered when the game state is restored)
– loop sounds & music start at the beginning
Two things puzzle me:
– if event has multiple possible sounds (with random spawn probability), can we restore this, ie: play the exact sound
– does event lib provide an interface to set time position of the current sound? (relates to above)
- vesoljc asked 8 years ago
we have extensively tried to find a way on how to set time position on event (including setpropertybyindex & setposition on channel), but we didn’t find a proper way which would work on all events (preloaded & streaming).
1) is it possible to provide us an example on how this (setting position) should be used? we would be really grateful!
2) how does one handle interactive music state restoration?
3) if fmod is using user provided memory pool, is it possible to "dump" it’s whole state and then restore it? (i had to ask 😮 )
- vesoljc answered 8 years ago
Please login first to submit.