This may be some conceptual misunderstanding, but I’m getting a following behavior while experimenting with EventSystem:
- I have a one-shot event with a parameter with relatively slow seek speed.
- Max playbacks is set to 2.
- Every time an event is triggered, a parameter is set to seek to some destination value.
- I trigger this event frequently, so each time the "max playbacks" behavior is used (steal quietest). To play back an event, i use getEvent() and Event::start().
I expected that every time I use getEvent(), its parameters are being set to default values. But apparently they are not, because every time an event object is stolen, its parameter values are kept intact, so they continue to seek to a given destination instead of restarting.
Interestingly, if I give some idle time to the system before re-triggering an event, the parameters do start from their initial values. Looks like they are being flushed during idle time.
Is this an intended behavior? And is there a way to force reset the parameters before starting an event?
Thanks for your patience
- ilukha asked 10 years ago
Is there any way to do the opposite of this? To force an event with a seek time on its parameters to initialise with those parameters set at a certain value? We have a seek time on vehcile engines to smotth out deltas coming in from physics bu it means that when we want a vehicle to start "already moving" it seeks up to its RPMs from 0 which doesn’t sound so good.
- JeffOfDeath answered 8 years ago
Please login first to submit.