I’m having an issue where high-priority sound Events in the EventSystem are stealing software channels from the music playing in the MusicSystem; that is, the music cuts out once too much is going on in the game. Is there a way to make it so that the EventSystem Events never steal the MusicSystem’s channel?
Here’s more details:
* I’ve set the max software channels to 32. Given our project setup, we get up to about 45 channels before the music channel is stolen.
* Most of our events are the default priority (128), except for a handful set higher (e.g. priority 2).
* We’re using the Designer version 4.21.02 and EX API version 4.20.02.
* We also have an ambient track we want to play, which is a regular streaming Event that starts before anything else. We’ve set its priority to 0, and it never gets its channel stolen.
* Assuming that the music in the MusicSystem plays with priority 128, we were going to go back into our FMOD Project and set all event priorities between 129 and 256 so that the music will always have a higher priority.
Any further advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- wooa123 asked 10 years ago
we’ll look into this, the event system shouldnt steal music system channels, or the musicsystem should let you set the priority anyway.
The alternative is to lower all the event priorities below 128, and make your highest event priority 127.
Please login first to submit.