0
0

Like a few others here i suddenly have fmod failing to intialise in the iPhone Simulator. The console is reporting the following code. I am running Mac OS X 10.5.7, iPhone SDK 3.0. I have also followed the tips such as changing the settings in the Sound I/O and Audio MIDI Settings, rebooting apps and machine, deleting prefs for simulator.

My Apps are compiling and running fine on the device, just not the simulator. fmod)

Cheers.

[code:255fhlia]
[Session started at 2009-07-25 02:08:01 +1000.]
FMOD: SystemI::init : FMOD Ex Version: 00042702
FMOD: SystemI::init : maxchannels = 32, flags = 00000020, extradriverdata = 0x0
FMOD: SystemI::close :
FMOD: SystemI::close : Stop all sounds
FMOD: SystemI::close : Remove miscllaneous DSP stuff.
FMOD: SystemI::close : done.

FMOD: OutputCoreAudio::init : Initializing...
FMOD: OutputCoreAudio::init : Forcing output format to an acceptable value: PCM16.
FMOD: OutputCoreAudio::init : Forcing dsp buffer length to hardware selected size: 1156.
FMOD: OutputCoreAudio::init : Done.
FMOD: SystemI::init : Set up software engine
2009-07-25 02:08:10.219 dsp_custom[1485:20b] AQMEIOBase::DoStartIO: timeout
2009-07-25 02:08:10.497 dsp_custom[1485:20b] AQMEDevice::StartIO: error -66681
2009-07-25 02:08:10.497 dsp_custom[1485:20b] AUIOClient_StartIO failed (-66681)
FMOD: OutputCoreAudio::start : Cannot start audio unit. (err: -66681)
FMOD: SystemI::close :
FMOD: SystemI::close : Stop all sounds
FMOD: SystemI::close : Free master channel group.
FMOD: SystemI::close : Remove ‘master’ sound group.
FMOD: SystemI::close : Shut down output.
FMOD: OutputCoreAudio::close : Closing...
FMOD: OutputCoreAudio::close : Done.
FMOD: SystemI::close : Free software output.
FMOD: SystemI::close : Remove DSP Soundcard unit.
FMOD: SystemI::close : Remove miscllaneous DSP stuff.
FMOD: SystemI::close : done.

FMOD error! (59) A call to a standard soundcard driver failed, which could possibly mean a bug in the driver or resources were missing or exhausted. [/code:255fhlia]

  • You must to post comments
0
0

As a follow up, I had a thought that it could have been a rogue audio app that had updated the CoreAudio I/O settings.

So I have booted a couple of my usual audio editors, and this seems to have reset the Simulator.

I am sorry I cant offer a definite sequence of what I did to help.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

But sadly this morning, the simulator has ceased working again, and the trick I used last night to get it running again is not working.

Any thoughts FMOD’ers?

  • You must to post comments
0
0

This may sound odd, but try playing a song in iTunes, then while it is playing run your app in the simulator. I saw this suggestion on the iPhone dev forums, it may work around the issue until Apple fixes it.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

Thanks Mathew, I found your suggestion on here a few days ago and had tried it, sadly to no avail.

cheers

  • You must to post comments
0
0

I have logged this problem with the Apple bug tracker, however I found a work around that worked here. Try going into Audio MIDI Setup and setting the sample rate for the iPhone simulator device to something different, I set mine to 96KHz for input and output and it worked.

Hopefully Apple will get back to us soon with a proper fix, since this is happening with their examples too (i.e. aurioTouch example) so it’s not FMOD specific.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for that. The Audio MIDI Settings, set iPhone Simulator to 96k workaround has solved it now.

Best regards

  • You must to post comments
0
0

I recently also had this problem. It turns out that I had previously used a bluetooth headset with my laptop and that was causing a conflict. Once I disabled bluetooth and rebooted, it was fine.

  • George
  • You must to post comments
0
0

Just to add to this issue, I have never had a BLuetooth headset running on any of my dev systems.

  • You must to post comments
Showing 8 results
Your Answer

Please first to submit.