0
0

I just updated my FMOD library from version 4.24.03 to 4.32.00. I still had my working audio code from the previous version so when I updated I didn’t change any of my code. However, now when my code calls any of the FMOD_SystemCreate*() functions, I get the FMOD_ERR_TAGNOTFOUND: "The specified tag could not be found or there are no tags. "
Aside from replacing all the old headers, libraries and .dll, I didn’t change anything in my program.

My FMOD System Initialization code is more or less verbatim of the code sample from the "Getting Started with FMOD for Windows.pdf"( but in C not C++) and it has worked fine for about a year.

My create sound or stream procedure is as follows
[code:1txppqf8]
FMOD_SOUND * pSound;
switch ( type )
{
case eSong:
result = FMOD_System_CreateStream ( m_pSystem, sFileName, FMOD_DEFAULT, NULL, &pSound );
break;
case eSound:
result = FMOD_System_CreateSound ( m_pSystem, sFileName, FMOD_DEFAULT, NULL, &pSound );
break;
default:
break;
}
[/code:1txppqf8]
I added a FMOD_IGNORETAGS flag to the FMOD_DEFUALT flag argument but that resulted in the same error.

I am using CodeBlocks with the Dev-Cpp *.a libraries.

It’s really a strange error that I can’t work around.

I’ve tried loading .mp3, .wav, and .ogg but they all get the same result.

If anyone can shed any light on how deal with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

That is a strange error to be getting which makes me suspect that you might have mismatching headers and libs. Can you put this code in your initialization:

[code:yn2aywys]
unsigned int version;
result = system->getVersion(&version);
ERRCHECK(result);

assert(version == FMOD_VERSION)
[/code:yn2aywys]
  • You must to post comments
0
0

Yep, the problem appeared to be that the library was the old library, even though I had deleted the old library and placed the new one in it’s place. The compiler must has kept the old library somewhere in a compiled file that wasn’t deleted upon clean. I manually deleted all obj folders and project backup files I could find and rebuilt my program. It magically worked and it showed that the header version matched the lib’s. Still a strange error and compiler problem.
Thanks for the help and bringing my attention to the FMOD_VERSION, Peter.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

You’re most welcome, I’m gald to hear you’ve got it all working. :)

  • You must to post comments
Showing 3 results
Your Answer

Please first to submit.