0
0

Hi everyone, sorry to post a debugging question on my first post, but this maybe perhaps the right place to ask it. I’m currently attempting to use
FMOD Ex under ubuntu 10.10 using C#/Mono. I have successfully managed to link up the c-sharp example ‘playsound’ referencing the correct ‘libfmodex-4.34.00.so’ lib, however when I boot the example, It fails with the message ‘ERR BAD FILE’.

[b:3ag6imam]Sanity Checks:[/b:3ag6imam]
– File’s do exist
– I have tried .mp3 / .wav & .ogg
– Works on windows.

After a bit of digging, another coder suggested I try ‘libfmodexL-4.34.00.so’ instead to see if I get any further information. And voila it gave me alot
more information:

> [url:3ag6imam]http://aimee.xpod.be/bin/strace_fmod.txt[/url:3ag6imam]

It seems FMOD bails whilst it’s ‘scanning the codecs’, is this a known issue. Or is there something more fundamentally wrong?

Thanks for any replies.

Aimee

  • You must to post comments
0
0

I good to hear you have it working.
Just to note, the FMOD_UNICODE flag is only supported on Windows, hence why things were probably behaving incorrectly under Linux.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

After playing round with the idea that maybe it was the unicode, I noticed that the stack trace said it was trying to open "/". In linux all folders are files so bad on my part. So I removed MODE.UNICODE from the mode selectors, and changed the imports to use Ansii. Anyway it works now lol.

Thanks guys for the only audio lib that seems to work on linux xxx.

  • You must to post comments
Showing 2 results
Your Answer

Please first to submit.