I’ve got a strange problem with a sound that fmod thinks is playing, but isn’t. It’s a 5 second long looping sound. Here’s what I’m seeing:
- FMOD Version 43604 and a 434XX version perform the same way
- The Sound is an uncompressed, .wav file
- The Sound is streaming
- The Sound is LOOP_NORMAL, with a loop count of -1
- The Channel has a loop count of -1
- There are only two sounds being streamed when I can reproduce this (which I can fairly easily)
- The looping sound stops at the end (doesn’t loop) after an inconsistent number of loops, but usually within 30-90 seconds after starting the sound
- When I query the channel when the sound stops playing, fmod reports the sound is playing (->isPlaying), is not virtual (->isVirtual) and the loop count is -1.
- When I query the time of the position of the channel (->getPosition), the position is advancing and even looping properly!
- This happens on many machines and on the XBox, so I don’t think it’s hardware or driver related.
Has anyone seen this before? Are there some best practices I should be doing?
- telltale asked 6 years ago
I think i may have found the problem. I’m opening the sounds non-blocking, and was setting loop count in the "complete" callback (as well as on the sound and channel later), but the complete callback set the loop to zero, then later the sound and channel are set to -1. I became suspicious of the callback when I noticed the user data set in the create sound struct was not available in the complete callback.
Anyway, I’ve removed the complete callback entirely and so far everything is playing as it should.
- telltale answered 6 years ago
Please login first to submit.