i talking about a streams
- Ok.. first .. “SetPosition” function don’t clear mixbuffer contents, i do it now manuale by call “ClearMixBuff”.. Why?
- when i use WINMM (HW2D on and off) sound was skipped when windows minimizedmaximized or menu draws.. Why? Don’t told me about my videoaudiomotherboard – another engines works fine (BASS, xAudio, WinAmp for example)
- when i use DSOUND, problem 2 is not present.. but
- both DSOUND and WINMM is very density to hard drives work.. in another word, when i start huge application (Delphi, Photoshop.. etc) i hear sound problems – think it is a input buffer problem
Can u change this situation? I like u engine and i want to use it, but…
ohh.. i remeber can u produce DLL only for streams play for me?
- greefon asked 15 years ago
thanx brett , but i also try HW2D in DirectSound mode… and sound scips some time anyway..
ok, i knew it..
FMOD is sound engine for games, demos.. etc.. not for music players.. yeahh?
ps: meanwhile, i know about BASS only DirectSound.. don’t kick me
pps: its look like i need to program my own engine.. ok, i found mpg123lib sources and start work
As Brett said, FMod is capable of very low latencies! My VB player (I’ll release soon) was able to play without skips with a 20ms of buffer using DSound and MMX!
However a little pre-buffer for MP3 or other streams can be very useful!
Imagine a game that plays an MP3 on the background. Imagine also that the player finished a level and the game is starting to load another scene with the sound on the background. Even with DSound and a powerful processor, we may get skips on the playback. And this doesn’t sound good…
sound_play part of my player(mp3 stream only) is finished whis in two days.. its based on mpg123 decode engine.. and i use WinMM (not directsound) right now.. and i have no scips.. no latency.. independs in-buffer size and out-buffer size…
yes winmm is crap every programmer knows this
maybe.. but every problem has his solve
2 KarLKoX and blackshard
yeah? cool. and seek done immidiatly?
2 Brett.. Thanx 2 u.. U make hardly work.. I now it.. And u product is very well..
and i not found FMOD_Stream_SetBuffer in documentation.. today i try this..
Please login first to submit.