How can i use the FMOD in a service application.
The problem is that the FSOUND_init throws an error ‘cannot set cooperative level for hardware’
If i use WINMM driver then the init is done, but i cannot use DSOUND.
If i build a normal application then the DSOUND is working.
But i want to try to build a small service, and there is no DSOUND available.
How can i overcome this ?
I am using Windows XP SP1 with Audigy 2 Sound card
but on other XP machines with other card i got the same results.
- DobiSoft asked 14 years ago
I don’t know if this will make a difference, but give this a try:
- Make sure the service is stopped (propbably the case if you are getting errors).
- Open the Properties dialog for the service.
- Switch to the ‘Log On’ tab.
- Enable the ‘allow service to interact with desktop’ checkbox.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Switch back to the ‘General’ tab.
- Click on the Start button.
Hope it works!
- rlargent answered 14 years ago
Normally a service runs in the background with no User I/O at all, so I don’t think the globabfocus would work.
The only suggestion I have at all would be to use WINMM output, short of that, due to the way a service works, I don’t think you will get FMOD to output at all.
Please login first to submit.