If you are using the FMODEventEmitter scripts, you can use the ‘Find and Replace’ option in the FMOD menu. This allows you to find event paths and replace them without manually selecting every object.
Otherwise it might be a bit more difficult.
You could add a script that stores the address’ of the events that your game can reference. That way, if any events change only one reference will need to be changed.
In case i wasn’t completely clear, I was referring to the audio assets for the Fmod events. I’m sure seasoned veterans know all of this but this was news to me, so in case someone needs this:
– as long as the event path stays the same the integrated event will work no matter what asset changes you make
– you can’t rename unused assets in the asset bin, but you can rename the ones that are used by events
– upon renaming a used asset fmod will change the path automatically in every event the asset is referenced in, or simply put – renaming assets doesn’t cause any issues
– you can’t simply rename a folder that contains assets, so if you absolutely have to do so the best method I came up is this:
– duplicate the folder and rename the new duplicated folder. Then drag the files from the new folder in the asset bin to the modules containing the same files from the old folder. It’s a bit of a “drag” so I’d be glad to know if anyone knows a better to do this.
Please login first to submit.