9/6/06 4.04.06 – Stable release update
- Fixed FMOD_CREATECOMPRESSEDSAMPLE timing issue causing crash.
- Fixed FMOD_OPENUSER and FMOD_OPENRAW causing hang. These flags are not
compatible and if detected, it will now ignore the FMOD_OPENRAW flag.
- Changed thread creation code to force certain stack sizes to avoid XDK
- Fixed memory leak when sound failed to load due to lack of
- Fixed Sfx Reverb problems
- Fixed channelgroups not setting volume/pitch correctly if nested groups
were a certain number of levels deep.
- Fixed loading of FSB files with multichannel sounds mixed in with
- Fixed multichannel sounds not locating themselves according to their
specified speakers in a multi-speaker setup.
- Fixed ADPCM .wav files and FMOD_CREATECOMPRESSEDSAMPLE silent playback
- Fixed FSBank not return an error when trying to encode greater than
stereo XMA, rather than generating bad files.
- PS3 – Fixed crash when streaming mp3s.
- Fix crash when freeing and loading ADPCM encoded FSB files that were
opened for realtime playback (ie FMOD_CREATECOMPRESSEDSAMPLE).
- Linux – Fixed crash when initialising and closing FMOD repeatedly.
- Xbox 360 – Fixed XMA decoder hang issue with virtual voices.
- Fixed bug in FMOD memory manager with reallocation which is used in
streams, causing strange memory failures later on down the track.
- Fixed length with MP3 files and Sound::getLength with FMOD_ACCURATETIME
Fixed FSBank creating bad FSB files if build mode was interleaved.
Event API : Fixed problem with volumes reverting to previous setting in
network audition mode
Event API : Fixed memory leak when EventSystem::load returns an error.
Switch multichannel sounds to use Directsound software mixing if
FMOD_HARDWARE is specified to avoid FMOD_ERR_OUTPUT_DRIVERCALL errors.
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
Found the problem! If you look in the API/VB directory you have fmodex.bas and fmodexp.bas. If you look in these files you will see that fmodex.bas refers to the fmodexp.dll. And the fmodexp.bas file refers to fmodex.dll. The files are mixed up.
I renamed them to their proper names and now they work again.
‘ Create a System object and initialize.
result = FMOD_System_Create(System)
result = FMOD_System_GetVersion(System, Version) ERRCHECK (result) If Version <> FMOD_VERSION Then MsgBox "Error! You are using an old version of FMOD " & Hex$(Version) & ". " & _ "This program requires " & Hex$(FMOD_VERSION) End If
result = FMOD_System_Init(System, 32, FMOD_INIT_NORMAL, 0)
This command is now giving me the following error even in your play sound example for Visual Basic 6 Pro.
FMOD error! (57) A requested ouput, dsp unit type or codec was notavailable!
What am I doing wrong?
Please login first to submit.