20/02/07 4.07.07 – Dev release update
- Add gapless mp2/mp3 looping. Use FSBank or FMOD designer to get this through
.fsb. Will not work with normal .mp2/.mp3 files unless they have been
preencoded properly to loop.
Add 5.1 XMA support. This only works for .XMA files at the moment not FSB.
Fixed seeking with FMOD_CREATECOMPRESSED sounds not seeking to the right place.
- Fixed multichannel sounds not playing properly when maxinputchannels is set to
anything other than 6.
- Fixed channel->reverb gain initialisation for 2D events whose channel count
matches output channel count.
- Fixed reverb balance dry gain control for 2D events.
- Fix mapping of 4.0 sound sources.
- Fix Channel::setDelay causing channel to not stop / crash in System::update.
- Wii – Fixed reduced release library printing debug messages.
- XBox360 – Fixed "music" category not being paused properly in some cases if
dashboard music is playing before "music" has started playing.
- PS3 – Fixed channels dropping sometimes when there are a lot of virtual voices.
- Event API – Fixed EventSystem::load problem when loading events based on
templates with no parameters.
- Event API – Fix wait-for-previous mode in layer for play-to-end sounds
Event API – Fixed main thread blocking when using streamed wavebanks
Event API – Changed EVENT_LOADINFO field "sounddefentrylimit" from a set number
to a 0 -> 1 multiplier e.g. 0.5 = half the number of sounddef entries.
- Sound::GetSubSound with FMOD_NONBLOCKING streams will now go into seeking mode
if you call it on the same subsound index 2 times in a row, the second and
further times returning FMOD_ERR_NOTREADY just as it would if you specified
a different index than the one currently active.
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
[quote="csakanai":r2ihqthu][quote="brett":r2ihqthu]+ Add 5.1 XMA support. This only works for .XMA files at the moment not FSB.
Awesome! I’ve been waiting for this one for a while. Can’t wait to try it out. Thanks Brett![/quote:r2ihqthu]
it’s currently inneficient but it works, there is seeking going on thanks to xma’s format structure. We’ll be buffering it a bit more so that the seeks go away in a future release hopefully. (i havent benchmarked it too much it might not be so bad because fmod’s file system is already buffered a fair way in advance with file streams)
Please login first to submit.