22/03/07 4.06.13 – Stable release update
- Fix channel->reverb gain initialisation
- Fix bad subchannel locations when using 3D speaker spread for multichannel sources.
- Fixed sounds not starting when FMOD_SUPPORT_MULTIREVERB not defined.
- PS2 / Wii / PSP / GC. Fix stereo sounds coming out mono if Channel::setSpeakerMix was
used, or the Event API was used (which calls Channel::setSpeakerMix internally).
- PS2 / Wii / PSP / GC. Fix linker error on ‘reduced’ versions of the libraries.
- Fixed crash when alternating between recordStart and recordStop.
- Wii – Fixed crash when passing invalid values to channel::setReverbProperties.
- XBox360 – Fixed XMA2 support for .xma files.
- Fixed truncated network file reads.
- Event API – Fixed crash when unloading events that are still loading asynchronously.
- Event API – Fixed issue with EVENT_NONBLOCKING and streamed wavebanks.
- Event API – Fixed pitch envelope disabled by autopitch. Their effect is now cumulative.
- PS3 – Fixed rare hang when trying to stop a sound.
- PS2 – Fixed various memory/alignment issues.
- PS2 – Fixed leaking voices.
- Fixed crash when playing oscillators after normal sounds.
- Event API – Fixed crash on freeEventData when same wavebank referenced by events in
FSBank – Fixed waveform compression quality not having any effect
EVENT_WAVEBANKINFO::samplerefcnt is now per subsound reference so it will appear larger
than in previous versions
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
It has to be a normal .xma file if you are passing it in from memory, not just ‘raw xma2 data’, that will not work (there’s no way for fmod to recognize this).
.XMA playback in fmod using XMA2 encoding in xmaencoder.exe is working fine and has been since it was mentioned in that revision.txt.
[quote="brett":20as0ppr].XMA playback in fmod using XMA2 encoding in xmaencoder.exe is working fine and has been since it was mentioned in that revision.txt.[/quote:20as0ppr]
Version 4.06 begs to differ
As discussed in our email thread, in 4.07.22 I can load and play an XMA2 file generated by xmaencode.exe without any issues, however 4.06.23 (and 4.06.25) will return FMOD_ERR_FORMAT.
– XBox360 – Fixed XMA2 support for .xma files.
Can you specify what you meant when you said you fixed XMA2 support for .xma files? I have some .xma files that I made with xmaencode.exe but the following post:
hints that the Microsoft-provided xmaencode.exe (that generates .xma files) may not be supported.
Is there any way to use an XMA2 buffer (created with XMA2InMemoryEncoder) using FMOD_OPENMEMORY? If so, in what way should the buffer passed to FMOD be arranged so that it will be loaded as an XMA2 file?
Please login first to submit.