15/06/07 4.07.18 – Dev release update
- Added ability to be able to disable speakers from 3D calculation.
Useful for things like disabling center speaker for dialog, or the LFE.
See renamed System::setSpeakerPosition change below.
- Added ChannelGroup::set/getPaused, ChannelGroup::set/getMute. These
are different to override as now any new channels added to the group will
respect the group’s pause / mute state instead of ignoring it.
- Added ASIOSpeakerList to FMOD_ADVANCEDSETTINGS and allow user to set a
speaker list at runtime to remap FMOD speakers to ASIO channels.
- Event API – Optimised update for events with dsp unit effects.
- Added support for FMOD_OUTPUTTYPE_WASAPI – Native Vista audio support!
Added support for FMOD_OUTPUTTYPE_OPENAL – Considered beta. Software
mixes into OpenAL buffers, so that effects and realtime compressed samples
still work, but the soundcard hardware takes care of 3d virtualization.
XBox360 – Fixed XMA2 support for .xma files properly.
- Fix 40 byte memory leak if 2 System objects were used in 1 application.
- Fix .IT file playback crash.
- PSP – Fix hang when releasing a stream if more than one is playing at a time.
- Fix System::registerCodec from not working – bug introduced in 4.07.16.
- Fix crash if FMOD_CREATESOUNEXINFO::initialsubsound was > 1 and a user
created (FMOD_OPENUSER) multisubsound stream was used.
- Fix Sound::setSubSoundSentence when first subsound was not index 0.
- Fix audible glitch when starting an mp3 netstream.
- Removed ChannelGroup::overridePaused, ChannelGroup::overrideMute.
- PS2 – Fix cdrom0: loading issue with forward slashes.
- Fix hang with FMOD_INIT_VOL0_BECOMES_VIRTUAL with channelgroups/events.
- Fix performance issue with FMOD internal malloc routine. Should notice big
improvement for large memory pools.
- Fix FSB stream not ending if FMOD_CREATESOUNDEXINFO::initialsubsound was used.
- Event API – Fixed ‘steal oldest’ and EVENT_INFO.positionms if using _reduced
versions of library with no software mixer (ie psp/ps2/wii).
- Event API – Fixed leaking streams
- Event API – Fixed crash if out of memory.
- Event API – Wii – Fixed crash when playing more than 1 event with stereo
samples at once.
- Event API – Fixed event instances not taking their initial volume from their
- Event API – Updated docs for event callback types
- Event API – Fix stack overflow if "" (empty string) was passed to getEvent.
- FSBank – fix FSB files being generated which would cause memory overrwrites if
FMOD_OPENMEMORY_POINT was used and the data was PCM. This also applies
to Event API – using registerMemoryFSB function.
- Fixed crash in pitch shifter when setting the FMOD_DSP_PITCHSHIFT_MAXCHANNELS
Fixed clicks in "Lowpass" dsp unit when changing cutoff frequency
Changed System::set/getSpeakerPosition to System::set/get3DSpeakerPosition to
give the function a more correct name and also add ‘active’ flag.
- Channel::set3DPanLevel now affects doppler as well.
- Changed Sound::getOpenState to return FMOD_OPENSTATE_ERROR in openstate and
whatever the error was if a fatal stream error occured. This may happen with
an error such as FMOD_ERR_NET_SOCKET_ERROR for example.
- The fsbankex utility now preserves the case of file names from the listing
file, rather than folding them to lowercase
- Event API – When an event is stolen, FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_STOLEN is now called
before FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED, not after.
*** Event API – FMOD_EVENT_SYSTEMINFO.numplayingevents field changed! It’s no
longer a pointer!
- PS3 – Now build with Sony SDK180.002
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
Some mp3 files can’t be played with 4.07.18 (and also 4.07.17). They was working great with previous release <= 4.07.16.
One file that didn’t work can be found [url=http://jerome.jouvie.free.fr/downloads/cannot%20play%20with%2040718.mp3:22szwcq1]here[/url:22szwcq1].
when installing 360, win or wii builds of this version ( only ones i tested ) i get a crash part way through the cmd window part of the install it displayed
[color=red:1lrzxqbj]C:\Program Files\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Programmers API Xbox 360>tools\fsbankexcl
.exe -h -o examples\media\example.fsb examples\media\example.txt
FMOD Sample Bank Generator EX. Version 1.42
the windows popup displays
fsbankexcl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience[/color:1lrzxqbj]
more info shows
[color=red:1lrzxqbj]AppName: fsbankexcl.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: fsbankexcl.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00001900[/color:1lrzxqbj]
- Debug answered 11 years ago
Please login first to submit.