2/08/07 4.06.23 – Stable release update
- Added FMOD_SPEAKER_SBL/FMOD_SPEAKER_SBR to make it clearer what speakers are
being addressed on PS3. (On PS3, extra 2 speakers in 7.1 are located behind
the listener instead of to the sides like on PC).
- Added FMOD_OPENSTATE_STOPPING to denote that even though Channel::stop has
been called on a stream, it is not actually stopped because the stream thread
has not finished with it.
- Event API – Added FMOD_EVENTPROPERTY_3D_POSRANDOMIZATION to specify a random
deviation in the 3D position of an event.
Xbox360 – Added support for XMA FSBs built without seek tables.
Fixed hang if System::close was called directly after System::init in
- Fixed Channel::isPlaying returning true from within channel end callback.
- Fixed Sound::getName not working on streamed FSB file subsounds.
- Removed stall when starting and stopping a stream.
- Remove stall from Sound::release, System::createChannelGroup.
- Win32 / Linux – Fix crackle when multiple system objects were used.
- Win32 – Fix multichannel streams not coming out of speakers correctly thanks
to bad directsound behaviour. Directsound only.
- PS3 – Fix pcm voices returning FMOD_ERR_CHANNEL_ALLOC after 32 instances.
- Mac x86 – Fixed CDROM support, playback is no longer static noise.
- Mac – Fixed crash during CoreAudio driver enumeration.
- FSBank – Fixed FSBs being built having a default channel priority of 255
rather than the correct default of 128.
- Event API – Fixed exception/hang when freeing event data.
- Event API – Fixed a bug where parameters with velocity or seek speed could
skip sounds and syncpoints when the framerate was low
- PS3 – Fix error being returned when loading interleaved streams of greater than
6 channels. A maximum of 8 channels is allowed for PS3.
- PS3 – Fixed hang in stream SPU thread if only 1 SPU is available due to SPU
thread not swapping.
- PS3 – Fix memory still being allocated into MRAM rather than the given VRAM
pool when FMOD_LOADSECONDARYRAM is specified.
- PS3 – Fixed reverb tails not sounding when a sound stops playing.
- Xbox 360 – Fix music TRC issue with new game tracks starting in nested
channelgroups/categories after music in dashboard had started.
- Event API – Fixed threading issues. Hangs/crashes if FMOD_EVENT_NONBLOCKING
- Event API – Fixed FMOD_ERR_EVENT_MAXSTREAMS sometimes being returned even
though less than "Max streams" had been created.
- PS3 – Fixed occasional hang when rapidly starting up and shutting down FMOD.
- Wii – Fixed System::setSpeakerMix not working correctly.
- Mac/Vista – Fixed rare recording crash.
- Fixed setPosition on MPEG streams not always working correctly.
- Wii – Fixed stall when calling Channel::setPaused.
Wii – Fixed no sound every playing out of 4th controller when
“muteremotespeakerifnosound” is set.
FMOD_NONBLOCKING now affects Channel::stop / Event::stop for streaming sounds.
- Changed sounds that go virtual upon playback, to delay their playback instead
of cutting off the start of the sound.
- XBox360 – Worked around XDK bug with Xbox Music Player notification, by
changing technique and functions used to detect dashboard music.
Should work now even with the broken XDK.
- Event API – "3D Distance" parameters are now read-only.
- PS3 – Now built with Sony SDK181.001
- .FEV file format updated! FMOD Designer 1.07.20 requires FMOD version 4.06.23,
4.07.20 or higher.
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at https://www.fmod.org
- You must login to post comments
I’ve the same getPosition problem as in .22 release;
calling getPosition (on a channel playing subsound 1 in a 0-1 sentence loop) with FMOD_TIMEUNIT_SENTENCE_MS timeunit after changing subsound 0 returns a wrong ms time value (ex: if the new subsound 0 is 1min short, getPosition during subsound 1 playback starts from 1min).
Similar problem: http://188.8.131.52/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9027
Mac OS X 10.4.10 Intel
- alenofx answered 11 years ago
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.