Revision.txt entries edited here to show the new additions that make it different to 4.08.
1/11/07 4.09.07 – Development release update
- Added FMOD_INIT_ENABLE_DSPNET and DSPNet Listener.exe application! Now
you can visually view what is happening inside FMOD Ex’s DSP network while
your application runs, over TCP/IP.
- Added ChannelGroup::set3DOcclusion and ChannelGroup::get3DOcclusion. Final
Channel occlusion values are scaled by ChannelGroup values as for setVolume,
and so will be affected by both ChannelGroup occlusion and geometry (if any).
- Added System::getRecordDriverCaps to WASAPI output mode.
- Event API – Added the ability to prevent an event from being stolen by
returning FMOD_ERR_EVENT_FAILED from the
- Added System::setCallback, currently there is one available callback, to
be notified when the number of attached audio devices changes. (Windows
and Mac only for now).
- Added the ability to query the number and names of input and output drivers
at runtime, with accurate results. (Windows and Mac only for now).
- Added System::getRecordDriverCaps which provides similar information to
System::getDriverCaps but for input devices. (CoreAudio only for now).
- Event API – Added parameter property "Keyoff on silence". Use this with oneshot
events to make a parameter keyoff when previously it would have
ended. Put a sustain point in each sound and give your parameter a
very large velocity and you can effectively sequence oneshot sounds
together. Great for random dialog!
Event API – Added FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_SELECTINDEX callback. Use
this to programatically choose sound definition entries at runtime.
Event API – Improved memory fragmentation/wastage.
ChannelGroup::addDSP – Changed behaviour of DSP connections so that dsp
effects are below the channelgroup DSP head, instead of above it. If you
are doing manual DSP connections please take note of this. See new graph
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at http://www.fmod.org
- You must login to post comments