4/07/08 4.17.04 – Development release update
- PS3 – Added new member ‘rsx_pool_manager_in_mram’ in FMOD_PS3_EXTRADRIVERDATA
to allow the overhead for the FMOD RSX pool memory manager to be in
- Linux – Added the ability to specify arguments to ALSA record drivers via
a new extradriverdata struture for Linux, FMOD_LINUX_EXTRADRIVERDATA.
- Optimized syncpoint memory usage. Faster load times when loading banks with
lots of syncpoints.
- Event API – Added MusicSystem loadSoundData and freeSoundData functions
Update FMOD memory system. Using a memory pool is now much faster and less
prone to fragmentation.
FSBankEx – added -z option to make message logging dissapear.
Fix multichannel MP2/MP3 FSB (ie 4 channels and above) from swapping channels
around when calling Channel::setPosition
- Fixed certain output modes (OSS, ALSA, ESD and SoundManager) reporting no
drivers if devices are enumerated before System::init().
- Fixed floating point exception in 3D calculations on some platforms.
- Fixed potential crash on system release when using channel end callbacks to
Fixed channels not starting paused when played from a channel end callback.
Event API – Fixed spurious FMOD_ERR_CHANNEL_STOLEN return from some functions
- Event API – Fixed crash when using FMOD_EVENT_INFOONLY events
- Event API – Made the music system respect soundbank type
Event API – Improved ordering of FSB search paths
Linux – fixed potential segmentation fault when calling System::close()
when using the ESD output mode.
- Linux – tweaked the enumeration of devices for ALSA, it should now properly
show standard devices for all detected sound cards.
- PS3 – Fixed slow allocation times when using a fixed memory pool passed in
through FMOD::Memory_Initialize. This was causing long load times on
certain .fev files and banks.
- PS3 – Fixed rare bug where Channel::setMode will have no effect.
- Mac – Altered CoreAudio output mode to allow multichannel remapping when
set with the "Audio MIDI Setup" tool.
- PS3 – Fixed possible SPU exception when too many FMOD DSP connections are
Wii – Fixed software reverb not working properly.
FSBankEx – fixed command line version not returning 1 to the shell when
there was an error.
Linux – the extradriverdata parameter for ALSA output mode has changed to a
structure pointer (FMOD_LINUX_EXTRADRIVERDATA). Use this structure
to supply arguments for output and record drivers. You must include
the new fmodlinux.h header for this new structure.
- FSBankEx – Changed XMA encoder to use newer XMA2 encoder for mono/stereo sounds
to hopefully avoid bad data the older encoder version was producing rarely.
This thread is for discussion / bugreports for the current release.
Download the current release from the front page at https://www.fmod.org
- You must login to post comments