[quote="lutin76":3igqglim]I have a powerup sound that last 15 sec and want it to keyoff after 15 seconds but the player can decide to shortent the lenght of the powerup so hey can call the keyoff when he wants. how do I do this???[/quote:3igqglim]
I really think you’re going to need the assistance of code on this one by having an code event keyoff the audio after 15 seconds if the player does not do so.
[quote="lutin76":gaawyp7c]I have a powerup sound that last 15 sec and want it to keyoff after 15 seconds but the player can decide to shortent the lenght of the powerup so hey can call the keyoff when he wants. how do I do this???[/quote:gaawyp7c]
- Adding the event as a oneshot = ‘yes’
- Adding a parameter with a fast velocity (like 1000)
- Set the parameter to ‘Keyoff on silence’
- If your power up sound is a short loop, set the sound def. instance play count to 5 (or whatever number of loops are required for 15 seconds)
- Move the end of the sound definition instance, to expose an empty part on the layer. (This will trigger the keyoff on silence).
- Add a sustain point somewhere in the middle.
This should work by:
if not interrupted by the keyoff, the sound def instance should loop as many times as required. At the end, the silence should trigger the key-off on silence.
if a keyoff does occur (from the player) the fast parameter velocity will move to the end of the layer, triggering the ‘keyoff on silence’.
I can provide an example .fdp if required…or even better create a ‘how-to’ on the wiki.
- templar answered 9 years ago
Please login first to submit.