I’ve discovered a bug in the latest version of designer 4.27.07 (could have arrived a bit earlier) where pitch variations are always saved in octaves, regardless of the setting to semitones.
- set pitch randomization units to semitones
- set pitch randomization to "1"
- build data
- return to the sound event – it has changed to 1 octave – and 1 octave is the variation I hear in game.
The only solution I have found is to:
1. set pitch randomization units to semitones
2. set pitch randomization to "1"
3. set pitch randomization units to octaves (automatically sets randomization to 0.08)
4. build data = works!
- mattconnolly asked 9 years ago
Yes, the sound events I’m editing are template objects.
I’ve tried changing the templates to be pitch and pitch variation = semitones, and it still switches back to Octaves without converting the number when I Build.
It doesn’t seem to happen on events that don’t use a template.
- mattconnolly answered 9 years ago
Please login first to submit.