0
0

Hi!

The interactive music test project I have been working on lately has all of the sudden gotten very unstable. Whenever I click on something other than the segment editor the project usually stops responding and crashes instantly, I’ve tried doing the following which always ends up crashing the project:
– Adding/removing Cues, Parameters, themes
– Altering segment links, or altering a segments "start" and "stop" points
– Adding/Removing audio from a segment
It is possible to reopen the project after a crash but the same problem persists. Oddly the auditioning buttons and parameters work and let me play through the song as long as i don’t try to edit their names/settings or remove them.

I have remade the project many times from scratch trying to see some sort of pattern on where it fails but can’t see one, it just happens after a while when i try to edit a parameter, loop point or something else and from that point the project becomes useless.

All audio files are in WAV format 44,1khz, bounced in Cubase 6.5 and the bank is set to "decompress into memory"
I’m running W7 ultimate SP1, tried both the latest stable version and the development one.

The project consist of two parts, "A" and "B", each with a couple of themes to be able to alter the instrumentation. Everything is in one bar segments which i wanted to be able to ring out at any time, therefore the segments are linked to another segment with the tail of the sounds for smoother stopping. Then I’ve set a parameter which links all the segments together so that it either continues playback at value "0" and forms a loop, or links to the closest tail segment at a value "greater than" "0". There is also a shared parameter to make the music go from part A-B (if value is "greater than" "0") and B-A (if value is "0")

I have made a screenshot of the project to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Any ideas? I’m starting to give up on this

  • You must to post comments
0
0

Reynir, I can’t see anything wrong in that screenshot, but from your description of the problem it sounds like either your project files are somehow becoming corrupted, there’s an issue with the version of FMOD Designer that you’re using, or both.

I advise that you send a copy of one of your corrupted .fdp files, a description of the problem, and the Designer version number that you’re using to support@fmod.org so that we can look into the issue at greater depth.

In the meantime, I suggest you try using a different version of Designer. The latest stable version may be your best bet, if you’re not using it already.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

I just figured out what the problem was. I forgot to update Fmod on one of my computers, just made a new project in latest stable version and now it works like a charm :)

  • You must to post comments
Showing 2 results
Your Answer

Please first to submit.