I’m trying to track a problem where I build up an FSB in the XWMA format and I always get FMOD_ERR_FORMAT when trying to call createSound on this FSB. I can recreate this problem using the FSB example in the API.
- Add any single wave file to an empty project in fsbankex.exe.
- Build the FSB file using XWMA format.
- Modify the FSB example to load the exported FSB instead of "../media/example.fsb".
- Run the example and see that FMOD_ERR_FORMAT is returned and the program terminates thereafter.
- Note that if I build the FSB using another format such as PCM or Vorbis, createSound succeeds and the example program continues to run as desired.
Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
- bfraser asked 6 years ago
Thanks, that explains it. I’m curious if there are plans for FMOD to support windows playback of xwma? The directX windows sdk provides tools to both encode and play xwma files so I don’t think Microsoft has restrictions on the format only being used for xbox360.
Please login first to submit.