0
0

Hello,

Some time ago, I posted about a very strange bug occuring on Windows 8 / Windows RT : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15604.
I thought the bug was resolved, when I bought a DAC and used it on my dev machine : when I use an external USB DAC the issue does not occur. Only when I use the integrated audio device of my laptop or tablet does the sound block.

I tested on severall hardware :
– with 1 other USB dac, everything is ok
– with Surface integrated audio device, it blocks
– with Sandy Bridge based ultrabook, it blocks
– with Ivy bridge based ultrabook, it blocks

It seems to me that it is an FMOD / driver interaction issue specific to Windows 8 metro.

Hope it helps !
Simon

  • You must to post comments
0
0

Still present in v4.44.05.
I got a workaround :
– whenever I detect that a sound currently playing is not marked as "starving" neither "diskbusy" and it’s position and buffering does not change during 500 ms, I close/release my fmod system and other associated objects and recreate them.

It does the trick for now !

Simon

  • You must to post comments
Showing 1 result
Your Answer

Please first to submit.