I am in desperate need of help. I have an assignment due in the next few days for uni. We are required to compose a soundtrack for a hypothetical video game and implement it into FMOD. I am using FMOD Designer version 4.44.20, on 64 bit Windows 7.
I have one theme with 6 short looping segments in it. This particular segment represents battle music. Each of the 6 segments is identical, except with extra layers added. I have created a parameter "player health", and set the segments so that one segment plays when player health is between 9&7, another one between 7&5, another between 5&3, etc.
Each of the segments is linked to eachother, and each link contains the condition (set to "between including", with the values 9.00 and 7.01, or 7.00 and 5.00, etc.)
However I have now come across a problem.
The segments will only link to eachother when set to the EXACT values of 10, 9, 7, 5 or 3. They will not link to eachother on ANY value in between, even though I have set the condition to be "between including". I have tried setting the values to "between" as well with no luck.
I have a friend in the course who is doing the exact same assignment. He has tried something similar and has had no problems. He is using version 4.44.19 on Windows 7 64 bit.
I tried to open my project on a different computer using version 4.44.19 (windows 7 64 bit again), and still had no luck. The problem was exactly the same.
Below in the dropbox link is a screenshot, where you can clearly see all the links I have created, the respective conditions, the "player_health" value set to a number between 5&3, yet STILL FMOD is playing the file that is supposed to play between 10&9. This "10&9" loop will continue to play unless I set the slider to EXACTLY 9.00, 7.00, 5.00 or 3.00.
- Soulfire asked 4 years ago
I tried setting up a project similar to the one you described, and I couldn’t reproduce this problem; So far as I can tell, the ‘Between’ and ‘Between including’ conditions work as designed. I therefore suspect that either I’ve misunderstood your example, or there’s something unique about your project that didn’t come across in your description.
In either case, we’ll have an easier time diagnosing your problem if you attach a copy of the project to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (and include a link to this forum thread in the message body).
I also recommend double-checking the condition logic of the specific segments on which playback seems to get ‘stuck.’ Our music system is a little complex, and it’s easy to overlook specific segments and links when making tweaks and adjustments.
Incidentally, in this kind of project, we usually recommend creating a single "logic" segment with no samples that contains all your conditional links, and have each segment have a single link that always links back to this logic segment at sample end. This allows you to edit the logic of your music without having to duplicate the same change across all segments.
Thanks for the reply. I’m going to assume it was something specific to the segments. I really don’t know what was going on, but luckily I found a workaround.
I was able to do the same thing by using "greater than" and "less than" values and they worked fine :). Assignment was successfully submitted and on time.
Thanks for the help anyway
- Soulfire answered 4 years ago
I’m glad you were able to work around the issue – and I’m sorry we couldn’t do more to help.
Incidentally, while we do respond to posts in this forum, we don’t check it very regularly; It’s primarily designed for discussion between users. If you really need urgent help, it’s better to send a message to email@example.com, which is checked often and repeatedly.
Please login first to submit.